Dr Tross is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in conditions of the Hip and Knee. Dr Tross is the first female of Afro-Caribbean descent to become a Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon in the UK. .
- MB,BS (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery),
- FRCS (Fellow of the Royal College if Surgeons of England),
- FRCS Ed (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh),
- FRCS Ed(Tr&Orth),
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery.
Alongside her clinical work, Dr Tross is involved in medical education and is a Director of Core Surgical Training and Educational Supervisor at #Ealing hospital. Tross is an examiner for @imperialcollege #MedicalSchool final surgical examinations, an #AssociateEditor of the Journal of Medical Case Reports and Associate Professor of Orthopaedics for the American University of the Caribbean.
Dr Samantha Tross has other accolades:-
- Profiled in book ‘ Samantha Tross, Orthopaedic Surgeon’ by Verna Wilkins .
- Featured in ‘ Millennium People, the soul of our success’ by Derek Burnett
- Featured in photographic exhibition ‘Black Britannia- Inspiring the next generation ‘ by John Ferguson at London City Hall April ’08 and International Slavery Museum, Liverpool, Aug’09.
- Featured in Tatler Doctors guide to 100 top doctors in UK feb’13
- Profiled in Black Powerlist of 100 Influential Black Britons in U.K. 2011- present.
- Recipient of @thebbbawards #Icon Award Oct 2016.