Postgraduate Student Awards
The Fulbright Awards Programme is the only organisation that offers scholarships for academic work in any subject, at any accredited US university. In this Award category, approximately 30 scholarships are offered each year to UK citizens for the first year of postgraduate or doctoral study, or for ‘special student research’. Candidates choose and apply to US university departments directly and independently.
Fulbright Awards are for varying amounts, intended as a contribution towards the first year of tuition fees and general maintenance costs whilst in the US. They are generally paid in instalments directly to the grantee, the first of which is typically given just prior to departure from the UK. Individual awards may have different arrangements. A number of memberships, sickness and accident benefit coverage, and visa sponsorship are also included. There is substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July). Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
We currently offer the following Postgraduate Awards:
- Fulbright Postgraduate Student Awards (All Disciplines)
- Fulbright – British Friends Of Harvard Business School MBA Awards
- Fulbright Alistair Cooke Award in Journalism
- Fulbright Diamond Family Foundation Award – *NEW*
- Fulbright Elsevier Award
- Fulbright Executive Master in Public Administration Award at NYU Wagner – *NEW*
- Fulbright Leon Jaworski Award
- Fulbright Nursten Award in Medical Studies – *NEW*
- Fulbright Schuman Award
- Fulbright Public Affairs Award at Hubert Humphrey School
- Fulbright Postgraduate Award at the New School
- Fulbright Postgraduate Award at the University of South Florida