supported by Heidi Alexander MP and Vicky Foxcroft MP
will be holding their
International Women's Month Masterclass for teenage girls
Women at the Top: Letter to my teenage self
House of Commons
Thursday 2nd March 2017 - 6.00pm-8.30pm
Doors 6pm (Please note - prompt start)
Women at the Top: Letter to my 15 year old self is a celebration of female leadership and success.
The panel will focus on the career paths of women in competitive professions, climbing the ladder, succeeding in business, managing their well-being and helping others.
The event is for invited year 10 and 11 girls only: This is a fantastic opportunity to meet established and respected leaders, to network and gain tips, which may well give you the competitive edge.
Introduced by Heidi Alexander MP, the former Shadow Secretary of State for Health and the Labour Member of Parliament for Lewisham East. She has been an Opposition Whip since 2012.
Heidi Alexander MP, Labour MP for Lewisham East
Funke Abimbola FRSA, General Counsel & Head of Financial Compliance - Roche UK
Anne-Marie Imafidon MBE, Head of Stemettes
Ray BLK, Award winning BBC Artist and song writer
Jamelia, Presenter and Artist
Ronke Phillips, Senior Correspondent - ITV London
Khaleen O'Donnell, Head of Corporate Development & Enterprise - Southbank Centre
Susana Leith-Smith, Managing Director - Barclays
PLUS a special guest!
Moderator: Sonia Meggie, Founder of Inspirational YOU
- How are women breaking the glass ceiling
- Visibility – why it is important for women to stand up and be counted
- How do we get more women into senior positions?
- What is it like in your industry?
- How do they balance their career, personal life and well-being?
- The importance of a mentor and sponsor in your career
- Letter to their 15 year old self
5.30 – 6.00 Guests seated for discussion
6.05 - Welcome, introduction
6.10 - 7.30 Panel discussion
7.30 – 8.00 Q&A
8.00 – 8.30 Close and depart
- Access to the House of Commons is via Cromwell Green Visitors Entrance on St.Margaret Street
- Please allow 20-30 minutes for airport-type security to enter the House of Commons
- The event will take place in Committee Room 14
- Please note that no food or drink is allowed in any of the Committee Rooms although delegates may take in bottled water
- Please let us know of any special requirements, including any assisted access needs to the House of Commons
E: info (at) inspirationalyou.co.uk
T: 07545 156 111